Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions for 2009

Photobucket

Okay, I know it’s practically a given that people don’t keep their New Year’s resolutions. However, I have Christ on my side, and we all know how things go when He gets involved *wink*

So, I will share them here, as they come to me, and with the Grace of God, I will achieve my goals and hopefully God will glorified through it.

~ Get my weight back down. I won’t lie; there is a superficial layer to this. I want to be as attractive physically as I was 2 years ago. I want to be visually pleasing to my husband so that he can really enjoy the wife of his youth, not just be dazzled by my charming wit and beautiful spirit (just a bit a sarcasm there *wink*) But also, I know I am not as healthy as I can and have been. My lax attitude toward what I put into this temple and gluttony has not been a wise one and it’s rearing its ugly head in more ways than one. But this time I aim to get back into a healthy lifestyle for the right reasons and in the right ways. Not to turn heads.

~ To be a woman of Proverbs 31
That I may be a woman my husband’s heart safely trusts in. That I may do him good and not evil. That I may rise early with a heart and mind set to taking care of what God entrusts me with and what my husband needs of me, in all aspects of life. That when I speak, my words will reflect a heart that God has made wise, and that my heart will reflect a spirit of gentleness and not vain or hasty words. That I may allow God to make me a wife worthy of praise.

~ Finish my online classes, and soon. My husband wishes this of me most. I hope I can keep my nose to the grindstone and make him proud.

“I can do all things through Him who strengthens me” Philippians 4:13

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment