Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook, 03-02-09



FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...the few remnants of our snowfall Saturday night are melting away in the beautiful sunlight

I am thinking...many thoughts, mental spasms, if you will

I am thankful for...this warm house and the love here

From the learning rooms...I'll be getting back into studying tomorrow

From the kitchen...healthy, yummy meals

I am wearing...the snuggly lap blankets I received at Christmas

I am creating...plans and hopes

I am going...to let my sister-in-Christ show me her favorite herb store, I'm learning some about home remedies and looking forward to trying some concoctions

I am reading...The South Beach Diet, Taking Charge of Your Fertility, God's Word

I am hoping...the the ten-degree increase in temperatures every day this week won't leave me miserable with sinuses and colds

I am hearing...the quietness of morning

Around the house...there is some tidying to do, I'm still trying to catch up from last week!

One of my favorite things...the pictures of spring, the seeds sprouting and growing, a glimpse into what summer may hold

A few plans for the rest of the week: visit the herb store, learn a song for Easter, Wednesday church service, studying

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


A picture of one of the bald eagles my husband took a while back. This always reminds me of the Scripture, "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31


5 comments:

  1. It's hard for me to believe that some of you are still getting snow. I guess being in my part of the world I am so used to the warmer winters (even though we do get our fair share of cold days - but nothing like your area and other snowy places.)

    That is a pretty photo he took. He really captured the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The comments from you Day Book were simple, yet elegant. I enjoyed them.

    BTW, do you still remember me? I know that I haven't emailed you for a LONG time. You probably think I am a phoney flake, sigh.

    Anyway, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Lady Sofia. Are you kidding me? I mean, it's only been a week, at most, since I emailed you. And that's after your email sat in my inbox for probably two weeks, LOL. No, you are not a phony flake, so long as I am not a phony flake :) I love ya, sister!

    And believe it or not, there was STILL snow on the ground today! We usually don't get any snow until after New Year's, and this is the second year in a row that we have had snow in March...so much for global warming. But it'll be 70 by Friday, so I'm happy :) They say in Tennessee, if you don't like the weather, wait a day or two and it'll be different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was browsing Denise's Blog (Shortybear) and saw that you had responded to her question of the day.... What really caught my eye was the profile pic you have here for your blog!

    Absolutely beautiful ! I about want to cry! The picture of you in your gown with your groom is so very precious!

    I pray many blessings for you :O)

    Sis in Christ,
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete