Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday



I know it's kinda late, but I wanted to share the little extras I have that I am so thankful for. Nothing real big or fancy, but something that brings me great joy (when I'm not fixing my mistakes, that is). This week I am thankful for the simple joys I get from my new favorite hobby: cross stitching!


And this guy, ain't he sweet :)

This past week my sweet mother-in-law came by and brought me all her cross stitching paraphernalia. She used to do it all the time, but she says her eyes can't stand it anymore and found out I enjoy it, so I guess you can say I inherited a few things :)

Among the things she brought over were these lovely pieces, I just love them! The scenic pieces are just precious, and I'm trying to find the perfect place for them on our bedroom walls. The little cowboy is one she stitched for DH when he was a boy and it was in his room for a while. I like to think we can put it in a son's room someday, if the Lord sees fit :)







And books! She gave me over $30.00 worth of patterns, and this was back in the '80's, so I don't know how much they'd be worth today and I can't express how tickled I am! Funny how my tastes are obviously antique-minded, lol! Classics never go out of style ;)







And extras! I feel like I have a goldmine now! And so much thread, I may not have to buy any for a while!! And fabric! And bibs :)






These are actually some that MIL's late cousin stitched, she loved bibs and its nice to think I might get to pass these on. She was a sweet lady who was loved greatly and is missed even more


And a frame-thingy (still learning the lingo, sorry), I also have a round one now that I am using on the piece I'm doing right now.

And an authentic White House bag. MIL's (actually should say FIL) cousin who passed on, her husband is still alive and was actually a member of the secret service for President Reagan, I believe. I could be wrong, but he did work for a president at one time.


And this is what I'm working on. I've had it for 3 years, as long as we've been married, and now I finally have time to do it! Yay!


I am so thankful for the little things that brighten my day. God gave me a heart that feels full with simple things and it doesn't take alot to amuse me. As silly as it may sound, I am thankful for that :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't it just wonderful when the Lord blesses us so? I am so happy for you!

    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! My mom taught me to cross-stitch as a little girl, she wanted me to learn the feminine skills like sewing, etc., but I never could stand it. I finished a few projects for loved ones and never did it again....until... Until a young friend of mine (10 years old) decided she wanted to learn, so I taught her. And I haven't done it since! :) You sure can make some lovely stuff that way, but I just don't have the patience or inclination for it. I wish I did though! :) I'm glad you have those lovely things, and I hope you make lots of pretty stuff with them!

    ReplyDelete