Monday, April 20, 2009

Mamaw's Jalapeno Cornbread




3/4 can of corn
1 cup cooking oil
3 eggs
2 1/4 cup self-rising cornmeal
3 medium jalapeno peppers, chopped
3/4 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cup grated cheese

Mix all ingredients. Pour into iron skillet and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.

This could be a meal in itself and is so so so tasty. Very likely my favorite cornbread of all time. The fact that it's Mamaw's might have something to do with it :)

And I am loving the comments from the last post! So enthusiastic :) but not quite as much as me, hehehe. Actually, I am having to learn restraint with my excitement for things "un-technified" because I think it scares my husband. It's kind of like a weird backwards Green Acres. Oh the stories we will have for our kids one day, LOL

Mrs. B, I love sunflowers! Natasha, you can bet the swing will come in handy this summer...alls I need is a table for the fresh lemonade after the weeding :) I do love our chickens, even if Deuce did punch me in the eye when I tried to put him and his ladies in the cage to share our lawn with them. But I try not to hold grudges ;)

7 comments:

  1. You can never go wrong with cornbread! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL!!!!! I've been looking for this recipe ever since my friend brought some to a get together one time. Thank you so much for posting it!
    HUGS.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,

    Looks good, but I'm not a jalepano fan. Do you think I'd still like it?

    BTW, sorry I haven't been sending you emails, but my yahoo account hasn't been working in weeks and I don't know what's wrong with it (frowns). Miss chatting with ya. I hope you and your husband are doing well.

    Love,
    Mrs. Lady Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so delicious! Lady Sofia, you could always leave the peppers out, but to be honest it isn't super spicy.

    And I understand about the email ordeal, we're doing well, hope y'all are too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good, although I think I'll skip the jalepenos too...my palate can just barely deal with mild salsa! :(

    By the way, I have given you a blog award...you can come over to my blog and pick it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so delicious! Would you believe I have never had cornbread? :) It's not a big thing here in Australia, but I think I may just have to give it a try.

    Hmmm... It sounds like Deuce has a bit of an attitude - he sounds aggressive!

    ReplyDelete