Saturday, April 18, 2009

Crazy 8's!

I bet you thought I wasn't going to post ever again, huh? No? I guess that was just me :) Well, not only do I have happy things to share, but I now have a happy obligation to do more than one tonight! So, if you ever wanted to get to know more about me, like my sweet sister-friend Kim, here's your chance! :)

Here's the run-down on the 8's:

  • Mention the person that tagged you.
  • Complete the lists of 8's.
  • Tag 8 of your wonderful bloggy friends.
  • Go tell them you tagged them!
8 THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO
  1. Seeing my Savior and being with my Father and King FOREVER!
  2. Family reunions. Hey...not all the things you hear about southern families is true.
  3. Being with my DH for the rest of our lives
  4. Being a mommy someday
  5. Adventures with our first vegetable garden
  6. To another beautiful day tomorrow!
  7. Eventually expanding our little flock of chickens
  8. Learning how to be a better servant, cause I'm not so great at it right now...
8 THINGS I DID YESTERDAY
  1. I had coffee too!(lol Kim!) Decaf :)
  2. Moved the 4 200-lb railroad ties all by myself. (this "bigger than acceptable" rear-end comes in handy!)
  3. Played in the dirt with my flip-flops on
  4. Broke one of our 2 eggs for the day
  5. Finally cleaned up the porch
  6. Worked on my cross-stitch
  7. Read Blogs!
  8. Enjoyed getting my "sunnin" in, the old-fashioned way :)
8 THINGS I WISH I COULD DO
  1. See better without my glasses (almost the same as Kim's)
  2. Sew really really well! (ditto for me too!)
  3. Become a super-woman and guarantee my husband I can finish the class before July.
  4. Blink my eyes and be 125 lbs again.
  5. Not worry about my weight so much.
  6. Meet all my blogging friends in real life! (ditto again)
  7. Live with Mennonites for a short time and learn what real "sufficiency" is, lol
  8. Take back the time I wasted chasing what "I" (read: what the world said I ought to) thought was best.

8 SHOWS I WATCH
  1. Biggest Loser ( I'm sure this doesn't help my body image deal)
  2. Super Nanny
  3. 18 Kids and Counting
  4. the really good Hallmark shows (example: I'm watching Little House on the Prairie right now)
  5. Andy Griffith
  6. Sorry I don't have more but that's about all the t.v. I cant stand
  7. To be honest, it wouldn't hurt my feelings much if we didn't watch it at all.
  8. I do watch the news and occasionally some FoxNews

8 BLOGGERS TAGGED
I'm tagging people I don't know very well, YET. If you do this please tell me so I can come learn more about you.

Actually, I'm going to skip this part. Not because I want to make anyone mad, but I feel kind of weird picking people out to do things I'm not really sure they'd be comfortable or even have time to do. I personally like doing these, I guess it's probably like my weirdness about not liking to drop in on people but not caring a bit for people to drop in on me. I know...weird.

So, if you see this and take a notion to, you're more than welcome to join me! It was really pretty fun :) Thank you for inviting me, Kim!!





5 comments:

  1. Our T.V. programs are just about the same, only I have to add The Walton's. I couldn't live without a weekly dose or two of that show. Even if I do have to watch it on DVD as Hallmark took it off the weekly morning lineup. *ugghh*

    I can relate to so may things on your top 8 lists. I guess common ground and interests are why the LORD made us friends. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Hester,

    What a fun post! Don't fret that "bigger than acceptable" rear end thing ... I have one too and it so often comes in handy when ever there's any extra manly work to do around our place. Which will increase as soon as our JP ships out to Naval Basic Training - my regular farm hand will be gone and the young'ins and I will be left to fend for ourselves ( Mr. B is still working out of state & has only been home for a couple short visits this year ... we miss his manliness).

    Ditto on the t.v. I'd have to add PBS's Masterpiece Theater Classics. I almost never miss one.

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I always like reading these because you learn about other people. If you want, I will do it -- just give me a little time, I can't do it right away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I loved your lists! I really liked the idea of living with the Mennonites and gleaning off of them for awhile. I know I'd learn a lot!
    Thanks for taking part in this fun little tag.
    Blessings to you.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete