My dear bloggie sister over at Evening Shade Morning Latte has shared her cute little FYI award with me! This is such a fun little activity, I'm glad to be a part of it and that she thought enough of me to want to know more about me (y'know, aside from my crazy lady-on-the-hill rants I tend to have :] ). So, here we go!
The terms, should you choose to accept:
- Thank the person who gave it to you: THANK YOU ESML!! :)
- List 10 honest things about yourself: I am not going to promise this won't get messy...
- Put the honest scrap logo on your blog.
- Thank 7 other bloggers you think deserve this award: I am going to pick a few, but please feel free to join in if you'd like!
- I am a military brat; my father was a Staff Seargant before he left the USAF
- Because of my military brattiness I have lived in 5 U.S. states (Mississippi, Tennessee, Delaware, Indiana, and Texas) and have very fond but very few memories of living overseas in Germany.
- I know a little bit of self-taught guitar, and my senior graduation was a Takamini Jasmine acoustic guitar (not every kid needs a new car!)
- I used to wish I was Dr. Dolittle (the old Disney version)
- I still have dreams of being like Dr. Dolittle, with a complete menagerie :)
- I despise going to movie theatres, even if it is something I really want to see...which hasn't happened in a long time.
- When I was a "make-believer in Christ" I dabbled in Wicca, had a fascination with all things occult, played with adultery, and was a near-chain smoker and alcoholic. And that ain't all of it! SEE WHAT GOD CAN FREE YOU FROM!!?
- I like being a little bit dorky...
- I have a serious aversion to hearing people blow their noses or "hark things up" anywhere near me when I am eating. I have (rather loudly and rudely) told people to leave if they were going to regurgitate their lungs while I was eating.
- I love the smell of machinery oil and wood and even animals; it reminds me of my grandparent's home and Papaw's shop.
EDIT: I had chosen a few ladies to pass this on to, but after reading another post almost immediately after publishing this first, I have decided to come back and make a change. I am not going to single out a few blogs, for two reasons: 1. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to pass this on, I know life is busy and most of my sisters here are mothers who get little time to themselves and probably don't want to spend their free time doing something to keep from hurting anyone else's feelings. 2. I personally feel bad for just picking out a few and want to save others any grief.